That's my big sigh of relief. After months- MONTHS!- of dreaming of and working hard to get to this moment, it has finally arrived.
I now have fabric to sell!
But first, I have fabric to GIVE AWAY! YAY! For those who are familiar with this tree print, I would like to introduce you to its new official name (a stage name, if you will...): Walk Through The Woods. When running the pattern I decided to do a Spring and Autumn colorway... this way there's twice as many uses for this fun print. Actually, seeing them both now, I have to wonder if I don't lean a little more towards the Autumn color as it matches my living room exactly (weird, huh?)
This is a 50% linen/50% cotton blend weighing about 6oz sq/yd. It's a nice hefty weight ideal for many craft projects. It's surprisingly soft with a good drape. More details on the washing will be found at the listing in my shop. I can't wait to see what people will make with it down the road- I hope those of you out there who purchase it will share their projects with me (see this post for details)! This is so exciting, I am besides myself with glee.
OK, enough chit chat, right? Here's the scoop on the giveaway!
There will be 3 prizes:
1. The grand prize winner (1st number drawn) will receive a parcel containing 2 fat quarters, measuring 18"h x 26"w one of each Walk In The Woods colorway. They will also receive 1 linen swatch from my shop of their choosing. (a $42 value)
2. The 1st runner up winner (2nd number drawn) will receive 1 fat quarter of Walk In The Woods- winner's choice of color. (a $17 value)
3. The 2nd runner up winner (3rd number drawn) will receive a single linen swatch from my shop in a pattern of their choosing. (an $8 value)
Rules (yeah, those pesky things)
1. Leave a comment telling me your single favorite color and why. Be as specific or vague in name, as poetic or as basic in description as you wish- but you must choose only one color and you must tell me why. I think coming up with just one color is very difficult, but when you settle on it, it's easy to say why you like it so much. My advice is to be impulsive and just go with the first one that enters your head- even if it's *MUSTARD!*. I know, I'm a stinker for making you work so hard, but I sort of think it's fun, don't you? Don't worry, I won't hold you to it! This is just pure curiosity on my part and this seems like a perfect venue for asking such a thing.
2. On Wednesday May 28th, 9:00pm EST my son and I will draw a winner. That is he will help if he's not too bored with this project by now. He was getting a little blasé about it last time. There goes my little helper!
3. Anyone in the world can participate!
4. Be sure to include your contact info. If I can't contact you and/or you don't claim your prize within 3 days, I will choose another winner and those under the grand prize winner will be bumped up to the next level, meaning the new chosen winner will become the 2nd runner up, etc...